Saturday, February 6, 2010

Meet The Parents

We have had a fun and busy start to 2010-so busy, in fact, that I'm just now realizing I haven't posted in a month. Since ringing in the new year with family and friends (and, of course, work for me!), we've hit the ground running with wedding plans, road trips, and lots of showers. Joseph, a few of our friends, and I are actually hosting a shower tonight in Charleston for our "couple friends," John Rhodes and Dare, who are getting married in May. Most of my recent parties have been for babies, so it's nice to break up the monotony with a party for monogamy (lame joke, but I had to!). More to follow on our Stock the Bar party...this is our second one, so we should be getting pretty good at this stuff!

Penny and I made our way down to Bluffton on Thursday for a little house hunting and to prepare for our big night on Friday. After dating for four years, most would think our parents would have met at least once...BUT, with busy schedules and varying geographic locations covering the upstate, Pee Dee, and lowcountry, the occasion has never presented itself. UNTIL NOW. Friday night was our big "meet the parents" event... or should we say parents meeting the parents. Despite a few butterflies Joseph and I had in the beginning, the night was perfect. It was a far cry from when the Byrnes' met the Focker's!

Before leaving for dinner, we had to do a Penny photo shoot. I have given her quite the break in January, and I think she got a little spoiled! She wasn't so into posing last night. My poor kids are in for it. Smiling for dad...

Looking a little sadder with me...

So I gave her sweet kisses!

And she ran away! I thought this sequence of events was too funny.

We ate at Truffles Cafe in Bluffton for dinner. This is one of my most favorite restaurants in the area! If you're ever in Bluffton, you should definitely check it out!

We had such a good time at dinner that I didn't even stop to take pictures. Knowing me, that says a lot! The ladies split a large blondie brownie with vanilla ice cream after a great supper-YUM. I definitely wasn't whipping out the camera for that one! All in all, we had a party of 8: Joseph and myself, my parents, Joseph's mom and Granny Jo, and his father and his girlfriend, Roxanna.

Joseph and his momma-they look so much alike!

Joseph's dad and Roxanna

My soon to be Bluffton neighbors and in-laws: Joseph's momma and grandma!

After wrapping up dinner, we checked out a new place in town called the Metropolitan Lounge. It is owned by Tom Berenger's wife (can you tell this post is slammed with pop culture references??). Ok so if you don't know who that is, he's an actor who has played in several tv shows and movies, including Major League, Training Day and Platoon. Anyways, we stopped by this lounge to check out the scene, and guess who we saw....

The man himself having straight gin (check out the guy in the red hat). The girls were thrilled to say the least!

I know this isn't the best picture, but I didn't want to look like a lame wannabe paparazzi stalker. Still, this is a CLASSIC shot of my outgoing mom chatting up the actor. I LOVE IT!!

If the night wasn't already a hit, this was the icing on the cake! He was a really nice guy... I'm hoping he brings some friends back to Bluffton by the time I move down! Move over Hollywood :) Not only did we meet the parents, we also met a movie star!

No comments:

Post a Comment