Friday, February 12, 2010

Turning Two

This past Saturday, February 6, was a very special day! My first primary in the NNICU, Parker, turned two years old. For those non-NNICU people, a primary is a baby that a nurse will sign up to take care of, and he or she will always get that baby as an assignment when they work, up until the day the baby goes home!

His parents celebrated his big day with a party at their house, complete with cake, balloons, and good friends. This boy is walking, talking, and into it all! I remember taking care of him each and every night I worked for the few months he was in the NNICU. Sometimes it seems like only yesterday!!

Standing tall on his big day!


I can't believe my little Parkie is turning into such a big boy. I love his "2" shirt!


Parker's mom, Courtney, and I have stayed friends over the last two years, and I have been able to visit and see Parker grow up a little bit! Here is the birthday boy and his momma...

A ring at the doorbell for a big surprise...

Birthday balloons from Aunt Melissa!

He has come such a long way, and he is a definite NNICU success story. This is a beautiful painting of the nugget by his very talented Grandmother! I remember him being this small and am so proud of where he is now!

Happy second birthday Parkie!!

And speaking of twos....

We hosted our second "Stock the Bar" shower later that night. Held at co-host Boston's bar, the Recovery Room Tavern, the party was a huge success for our friends John Rhodes and Dare. Joseph got life-sized pictures of the couple and had them posted throughout the bar to recognize the guests of honor. This greeted attendees as they walked in...

The spread...pay especially close attention to the red-headed groom!

And speaking of spread, here is the guest of honor digging into the food spread

The crowd

Beautiful cake made by Dani's sister, one of our fabulous co-hosts and co-chefs

More party hosts: the Collins' and Joseph

Dare and John Rhodes practicing "cutting the cake"

We had a bowl of corks for the guests to sign...we drew corks at the end of the party for door prizes, and then gave the corks to JR and Dare. They're pretty crafty, so maybe these will end up on a homemade cork board someday!

Spencer defacing the blown up pictures after the party...

Work of art...this was bound to happen!

Thanks to Boston for letting us take over the Recovery Room for a great party! Congratulations John Rhodes and Dare...we can't wait for May!

No comments:

Post a Comment