Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ringing In 2010

Happy New Year! We've already started off this year with a great party, so I am looking forward to what the rest of 2010 will bring! But first, to close out 2009...

After working Christmas at the hospital, I headed home to Spartanburg to enjoy some after Christmas fun. My momma was sweet enough to cook an entire meal on the 26th after she had cooked all day on Christmas! She made all my favorites, and the family plus Joseph sat down for an extra yummy meal. Here is my miniature family celebrating a belated Christmas at home... I loved the big girl pj's I opened up that morning!

Joseph and Kevin tried to work off those extra calories...Joe playing on the elliptical, Kevin playing X Box :)

I returned to Charleston after a few days at home so that I could be back at work for New Year's, which is technically where I rang in 2010...with a non-alcoholic toast of course! The end of 2009 brought so many changes to my family and myself-both good and not so good-that I am resolving to find a little "change-free" time! There are lots of unfinished projects that I put on hold with the busy-ness of the last few months that I'm excited about finishing-including updating picture albums, cleaning out my closet and starting to really plan our 2011 wedding! I'm usually not a big resolutions person, but I am definitely resolving to finish my poor abandoned projects. Then, I'll be ready for more change should it come my way!

This weekend is where my 2010 really started, when Penny and I hit the road to Bluffton. A new year wouldn't be complete without kisses from Penny Lane!

Ha or starting to wedding plan...told you I was getting on those projects.

Joseph caught me deep in concentration as I was catching up on The Knot's big picks of 2009.

Joseph's mom's side of the family does a large Christmas celebration every year, where all the siblings and their children get together and exchange presents, eat awesome food, and enjoy seeing family they only see at this time. It's usually held before Christmas, but this year, it was on the first weekend of the year in honor of Granny Jo's birthday (Joseph's mom's mom and my future granny-in-law!). Joseph's Aunt Cynthia and Uncle Darryl have it at their house on Hilton Head, which is plenty big for the 30 plus people we have.

Arriving at the Hartley-Leonard's beautiful home!

Joseph's sweet niece Bennett all smiles arriving to the party

Joseph, his Aunt Bettye, Granny Jo, and cousin Brandon

Kids opening presents just after dinner and the mayhem that ensued!

While the kids were tearing open boxes and bags filled with fun Christmas sercies, Joseph got the responsibility of holding one of the youngest and newest additions to the family, his second cousin Macy. They were so cute, and I stole a few sweet pictures when he didn't realize I was looking. I think he is destined for a baby girl one of these days!

More pictures of Bennett! Joseph's twin sister and Bennett's mommy, Meridith, brought along her camera which died shortly before present opening. Since I'm child-free, I snapped a bunch of Bennett and the other kids getting into their presents.

Giant Mr. Potato Head! I thought this present was great...I used to love mine, although, he was a LOT smaller with a lot less accessories I'm sure.

Showing off her pretty watch from Granny Jo. I love a girly girl :)

And loving the flashlight...this was a big hit with the kiddos!

One of the best presents that each child got was a leather wallet with $15! It was funny to see them all count out the dollars. Money, as they say, is always a good gift! Here Carlisle is checking out her earnings.

Love it

After kid presents came Granny Jo's presents...

This was a special birthday for her, so all her children and grandchildren got together to buy her two wonderful surprises...money to place hardwood flooring in her dining room AND a beautiful diamond ring! Happy birthday!

So surprised...

Showing off the bling! :)

And holding up the hardwood panel in between tears of joy.

Matriarch and her brood...Joseph's mom, Uncle Steve, Aunt Bettye, and Aunt Cynthia

Ha I couldn't resist this picture of Riley...she was making this hilarious face during all the picture taking!

Stealing a picture of us between all the excitement... This was an especially important night because this was the first time we've seen Joseph's family together since our engagement.

Before we ended the night with a fun elephant gift exchange for the grown-ups (this year's theme was vices, and the presents were super creative!), we managed to squeeze together for a big family picture. It takes a lot to get this group on one staircase!

The kids were ready early

We finally all made it in, though, for the best picture of the night!


No comments:

Post a Comment