Clearly, she takes the "what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine" adage quite seriously. She loved the turtle Joseph won at Scarowinds!
I remember when I first adopted my scrawny little blonde sidekick from the SPCA several springs ago. She has gotten so big and learned so many fun tricks since then! And she's definitely learned to love the camera since mom has it in her face all the time.
Unfortunately, I have to work the night of her birthday, so we're skipping the party this year. But we did get to spend a lot of fun time together this weekend and hopefully will for many birthdays to come! Happy birthday sweet girl!!
My favorite trick-or-treater!
After being a bumblebee for the past two years, she was ready to be a pretty ballerina this Halloween! She's practicing third position here!
We had a fun Halloween Saturday, too, managing to squeeze in a lazy morning, some adventure at Boone Hall, and enjoying college football with friends (minus my teams losing and all)! First, we headed out to Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant early in the afternoon to explore the corn maze...even in the high 80 degree weather!
We skipped pumpkin carving this year, but they sure did have a lot to choose from!
It was a tricky maze with lots of twists and turns, but we made it through within 30 minutes. Even though we didn't use it, the maze even had a way to text and get a map/directions to help find your way out. It was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed "getting lost" for a little bit.
Taking a picture together in the maze...
Outtake-ha we have plenty of these. It takes a lot to get Penny picture-ready!
We're a long way from home, Penny!
Before leaving, we visited the goats! Penny was pretty curious, but I don't think they were so sure about her...
Afterwards, we watched the Georgia/Florida game at Emily and Jaclyn's and savored some of my bean-less chili! It was a disappointing loss for UGA fans, but we still had a good time. Thanks girls for having us over!
I'm sad to see October and Halloween go but am excited for cooler weather and all the fun things this winter season will bring!

Kakesy!! I had no idea you had a blog :) so glad I can follow you now! Your pup is presh... perhaps she and Howard can be friends one of these days. I hope you're loving Charleston! My sister and brother-in-law and nieces live there now and they love it... Perhaps I'll run into you one of these days when I'm visiting back east :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Penny!
ReplyDeleteI am REAL impressed with your blogging skills!!!
ReplyDelete