Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Favorites

Fall is my favorite time of the year, and it's finally here as we near the end of one of my favorite months-October! This past week, Charleston had some cooler weather roll in and the leaves all started to change into beautiful colors. Even though we still have our 80 degree days down here, it's nice to have some fall breezes come through. One of the best things about this particular month for me is getting ready for Halloween! Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays-it's so fun getting to play dress up and having an endless supply of candy and chocolate-I mean, what more could a girl want?

For the past few years, Joseph's friends and I have started another little fall tradition-making a trip up to "Scarowinds" in Charlotte, NC to enjoy the rides and haunted houses the amusement park sets up every October. We skipped last year, so this is only our second year going, but we had a ball. We loaded up on Saturday morning after taking Penny to the dog park and enjoyed the day up there before heading into Scarowinds at night. Our hotel was right across the street, so it was a short walk over.Here is our group catching some last minute college football action before we left (another great thing about fall)!

And an action shot...we were all really excited!

And this is a blurry view of what I still call Top Gun-our first ride of the night! It was really fun riding the rides at night!

Posing after ride one...Joseph and Spencer

Jimmy and I on take 10

Halfway through our haunted trip, we took some time for manly competition. Here are our three guys trying their best to win us girls prizes!



And they all did-group shot of our turtles and Sonic.

We had an awesome time and need to make this more of a yearly tradition. I would highly recommend it for some Halloween fun!

And just because I couldn't resist... Joseph was a good sport and let me convince him to make a "quick" trip to Southpark Mall in Charlotte before Scarowinds. Here I am on the way....

That place is heaven on earth for silly shoppers like me....

No comments:

Post a Comment