For two people who were not raised in "military families," Joseph and I have become recently connected to the United States Navy.... My involvement has been with the Naval Hospital in Beaufort as I began my clinical there in late August for PNP school. Don't look for me to don blue fatigues anytime soon though! Joseph, on the other hand, will be in uniform by the end of the year as he joined the Naval Reserves a few weeks ago in Columbia. It's quite the application process and one he has been looking into for over 10 months. He was sworn in in Columbia at the very end of September and will begin drilling in Charleston once a month starting in November. Penny and I are very proud of our Lt. Brown!


And speaking of Lieutenants, we were able to see Gary Sinise's Lt. Dan Band play in Beaufort as the cool fall weather set in during the Independence Weekend celebration (not to be confused with the Fourth of July!). I have always wanted to see them play, and apparently, so has everyone else in Beaufort. They did not disappoint!
So excited for fall wear! :)
Joseph still hanging on to short sleeves...
Lt. Dan!!! (I can't resist)
No comments:
Post a Comment