Friday, March 25, 2011

Joseph Turns the Big 3-0!

My husband-to-be has entered a new decade: the 30s! And of course, it has to be immortalized in its very own posting. :) Joseph tends to not make a big deal about his birthday and public versions of "Happy Birthday to You" are his worst nightmare...even when it isn't being sung to him. With this in mind, I planned a very small family get-together on the big day-March 16! He thought I was going to be at work that night, so he was pretty surprised to see me home and for the "mini-party."

Pictures of the spread

Thanks to his mom and Granny Jo, we had an abundance of delicious food!



Waiting for the guest of honor to come home...sshhh

SURPRISE! It is pretty difficult to get one over on Joseph, but I finally did it this time!


Cake time...and singing him Happy Birthday :) He was a good sport



Yep, it's tiny. But with a household full of people trying to steer clear of sweets, we thought it best to stay small. :) Joseph's mom made a delicious dump cake, too!


Mother and son... By the time our parents were our age, they had already had 2 kids and been married for years!


Double trouble...Joseph and his dad showing off his present. Next NRA ad?

The party didn't stop in Hardeeville. We left for Spartanburg a few days post thirty-dom to visit my family one last time pre-wedding and to celebrate with a couples shower thrown by some sweet neighborhood friends: the Arvanites, Owens, and Inskips.

Opening a present from the Lairds...


A blower! That bad boy has already been put to good use.

My mom has done a beautiful job decorating a "presents table" at our home in Spartanburg. Thanks for letting us take over the dining room!



Brogan and Bailey have had their own opinions about the decorated table, so it has lost a few bows over the past few weeks. :)

With every weekend that passes, the upcoming wedding becomes more and more "real" to me. I know we'll be back to visit my parents often, but I was very sentimental about this being my last weekend at home as a single gal!

Lounging on the back porch


Double trouble

The couples shower was a lot of fun! We have been so blessed by many wonderful friends who have thrown great parties in our honor. This was no exception!

Making our way to the partay

Beautiful spreads



Momma and I

Chatting with two of the hostesses: Mrs. Arvanites and Mrs. Owens. Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Arvanites for opening up their beautiful home for our shower!

Manly chat

And no party is complete without a little cornhole! :)



Thanking everyone for coming pre-presents...

A wonderful group of family and friends

I've had to open wedding gifts much more than Joseph, so I "let" him do it this time! Not as easy as it looks folks!


Beautiful casserole dishes from his mom!


We need lots of these!


Joseph: "Wow, blue bowls. Thanks!" Ummm no honey those are Le Creuset mixing bowls...one of my favorites! It's really funny to hear his interpretation!


Chatting it up with my matron of honor, Brandi! She was able to escape the hospital and her busy residency to celebrate with us. :)


The night didn't end until Joseph endured another public "Happy Birthday" and candle blow out. Hey, 30 doesn't come around every day! Happy birthday Joseph...here's to hoping the 30s are even better than the 20s!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for fun festivities! Wish I could have been at more showers - they looked like so much fun! We sure did have a blast at the Charleston one!! :) 2 WEEKS!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete