I was fortunate to get Easter off at work again this year, so I spent the holiday weekend back home in Spartanburg with Penny, my parents, and our newest puppy additions. There was no shortage of activity, especially with such awesome weather! We stayed outside most of the weekend in THE outdoor room my parents had built late last summer. It is our new favorite hangout in the upstate.
Penny hadn't seen Bailey or Brogan since we "met" them at the PetSmart adoption weekend back in February. We all had to be reintroduced!
Brogan
And Bailey
These two were almost too much for Penny to handle at times. They wanted to play non-stop, while mine liked her periods of R&R. For the first time, I realized my little puppy isn't so much a puppy anymore! Wah!
She was trying to take a play break on the couch, but those two pups barked in sync as if to say, "hey we're not done here!" Mom had to put her foot down and her finger out (no posed picture, I was able to catch her discipline in action!).
Soon after, playtime resumed in the form of a Penny sandwich!
There was running...
Jumping (hi-ya!)...
Sniffing...
Tug-O-War...
Kissing...
And, of course, crashing!!!
It was fun getting to see Brogan and Bailey's personalities in action. Like true brother and sister, they tussle with each other, bark at each other, but at the end of the day, love each other. Even though there are two of everything, they tend to share most things, right down to their water bowls! Toys and sticks are no exception...
Unfortunately, neither were dad's flip flops!
The siblings that chase together, stay together!
They even shared "bark" time with Penny...when one gave it a break, the other one usually picked the conversation right back up.
Since the Laird girls are picture fanatics (well maybe just me), we decided to get them used to the camera over our long weekend. Momma and her newest, most rambunctious "kids:"
Bro
Bay
Couldn't leave out Penn, who enjoyed a little diverted camera attention with the puppies around!
I had Bailey smiling for the flash by the time the weekend was over :)
At the weekend's close came Easter Day! Penny really liked the Easter bunny...
But couldn't understand why she never got her basket!
I had visions for the cutest "Easter" picture with those little chicks, but getting three pups in the same vicinity without playing AND looking at the camera in unison is next to impossible. One was either scratching...
Or just plain looking away!
I think this one managed to be the best!


No comments:
Post a Comment