Ok, and a little fun, too :)
A couple of weeks ago, I helped celebrate with good friend Gillian's baby shower at Poogan's Porch in downtown Charleston. Her sweet girl, Anniston, arrives at the end of October. Can't wait to meet her and see her those cute cheeks in the monogrammed bloomers I got her!
Opening lots of goodies!
Christine, Ashley and their little ones!
Enough fun...back to business.
We have filled out what feels like hundreds of papers, contracts, and forms getting ready for house closing time on September 17. Joe versus the volcano...of paperwork!
I'm getting nervous and excited about moving...and a little sad. Even though I'll continue working in Charleston and will have the wedding next April, it's bittersweet that I'm leaving what's been home for the past 5 years. Penny's a little sad, too!
(Little does she know that a real yard awaits her!)
Paperwork didn't stop with the house, however. I began my online DNP program at MUSC a couple of days ago as well. For online classes, there sure is a lot to print!! It's been tough to adjust since I've been out of school for years, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Joseph got me some really pretty back-to-school roses that I put right in front of my makeshift dining room table desk!
Wedding planning is coming along, too. Thanks to the help of my friend, Rebecca, I got a jump start on some holiday save-the-dates...I totally copied her creativity with a few minor changes to ours. Since Joseph and I decided not to do engagement pictures, my fabulous friend Emily took a slew of "family" pics out at Kiawah Island for our save-the-date card. I won't reveal the final pick, but here's a taste to whet your appetite!
(Because of the direction of the wind, the water pictures were a little disastrous!)
Look at the camera Penny!
Penny and my hair were tough to control...
All in all, we got some amazing pictures thanks to our great photographer!
Who says you can't mix business with pleasure?? We love you Em!



No comments:
Post a Comment