Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hallmarks of Summer

Summer has always been one of my favorite seasons, and it is quickly passing us by! As a kid, I have fond memories of what summertime meant: long sunny days where it would stay light until 9, late nights playing outside with friends, fun summer vacations with my family, swim team practice every morning bright and early, Fourth of July fireworks, and-of course-my birthday! The older I get, the more things change... no more swim team or late nights playing hide-and-go-seek with the neighbors. I'm noticing that some things, however, will always stay the same!

I am still fortunate enough to go on summer vacations:
Jamaica 2010

I always celebrate another year older on June 21st! Here is the whole family out for a birthday dinner in Greenville. This will be my last birthday as an unmarried woman!

Like sister like brother...all that bright sunshine means aviators on.

My favorite: mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins!


And the Fourth of July fireworks are still there, I just watch them in a different place now!
This year, Joseph and I spent the Fourth weekend in Charleston and Bluffton. We let Penny run around the dog park on James Island for a little fun in the sun.




A romp in the park always means a bath, though, which she is less than thrilled about.

For the actual Fourth, we traveled down to Bluffton and watched the fireworks show at Sun City with Joseph's mom, granny, and his niece Bennett!


Our golf cart ride to the fireworks show...

Bennett sat in my lap at first since the fireworks were a little loud!



She got braver and sat in awe on her own after a short while! Whether young or old, I think everyone enjoys watching fireworks just the same...
(Love all those curls!)


End of the Fourth!

Hope the close of summer brings more fun new memories before an old memory from my past comes back: the start of school. Since I will be starting my Masters program this fall, the end of summer will also mean back to class!

No comments:

Post a Comment