Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wedding Weekend

First and foremost, Happy Father's Day Daddy!!


Now....

We had weddings on the brain this weekend! Not only did I make a major decision in the planning process of my own with the help of my mom and 5 of my amazing bridesmaids, I also attended a beautiful one in downtown Charleston for one of our Spartanburg neighbors and family friends.

Now that the wedding is about 10 months away, the planning process is starting back up! I have been enjoying the time just being engaged, so it's a change of pace to get back in decision mode. As you can see above, this required a big cup of coffee!

We had a 10am appointment at LulaKate in downtown Charleston to find the perfect bridesmaid dress on Saturday. My indecisiveness has been challenging in the color picking and decoration planning part of the wedding. I knew finding bridesmaid dresses first would put everything else into place....which is why I brought my mom and as many bridesmaids as were available to come with me. After all, I wanted the girls to have a large say-so in the dresses they would be paying for! It was a really fun process, and the final product is something we are ALL very happy with!

After much trying on, here's the dress the girls fell in love with!

Next, we had to pick three colors...here are Emily and Lindsey trying on some different looks...
Decisions, decisions

Mom and I observing my maid models :)

Success! We finally picked bright pretty colors that each girl loved! Jac and Sam onto the paperwork...

5 of my wonderful bridesmaids! Thanks for taking half of a Saturday and spending it with me!!
Sam, Kristina, Lindsey, Emily and Jaclyn

After dress shopping and a tasty lunch at Cru Cafe, the wedding party left happy and full!

Later that night, my mom and I went to the Arthur wedding-their son, the groom, is a few years younger than me. His parents live caddy corner to my own in Spartanburg, so we got to see lots of friends from home! I know it's a dark picture, but the ceremony was very pretty so I wanted to try and capture a shot of it. It was located at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Mt. Pleasant Old Village.

The reception found us downtown at the Hibernian Hall! Last time I was in this place, it was for a John McCain rally several years ago. It's just as pretty as I remembered it!

Mom and I

Momma and Mrs. Green-one of our former neighbors who now lives in Atlanta with her family! We miss her!

Getting pizza after the reception...all this wedding stuff made us girls extra hungry!

And speaking of weddings...Joseph caught me attempting some "wifely duties" before a Spoleto event we went to last weekend! I'm not the best cleaner, but I'm trying!

Caught! He still goes behind me! He's definitely going to be "Mr. Mom."

3 comments:

  1. ummm, can we say the most gorgeous bridesmaids and bride ever!! You all are going to look stunning!! Great post -thanks for sharing the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the weekend! Happy Birthday today!!
    Love you lots :) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dresses you picked for the bridesmaids! They are going to look gorgeous!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete