Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day at the Museum, Night at the Zoo!

This past weekend, Joseph and I spent a busy few days in my old stomping grounds, Columbia, SC. One of Joseph's closest friends, Rhodes, married his law school sweetheart Dare in a beautiful ceremony at the Riverbanks (Zoo) Botanical Gardens.

Friday night was the bar-b-que, cowboy-themed rehearsal dinner. It was held at the Millstone at Adam's Pond, which was gorgeous! If you're ever in the area, you should drive through... There was a fun group of Joseph's friends, some old and some new, gathered to celebrate the Perry/Bailey Wedding.

Groomsmen Joseph and Spencer...both a little nervous for their toasts!

Joseph giving his awesome toast as the best man-

He had this amazing calendar made with "old school" pictures of the groom as a gift to the bride. Everything you need to know in life you learned in kindergarden....show and tell still works wonders!

The happy couple! As Joseph always says, secrets don't make friends but they make great lovers (probably why these two got married)...

The after parties both nights were great because they were right in the hotel where we were staying! Good idea for our own wedding... Alexis and I posing as the better halves


Our Saturday was a "day at the museum"...you're never too old for a museum or the zoo-I'm convinced! In the five years I lived in Columbia, I never once visited the State Museum, so it was great to finally go. It was a really fun day, filled with an extensive pirate exhibit as well as rich South Carolina history.


Kids at heart...this was our first stop!

(Jaws had nothing on this guy!)

We made a pit stop at the pirate exhibit (here is Joseph's pirate twin)...

Before heading to see the animal/nature displays! We decided this could be Joseph's most lucrative patient. Those are some mighty molars!

My new friend the aardvark heir with shifty eyes

Always working...

And I'm always playing...posing in front of our very own "Charleston exhibit!"


My personal fave--the dinos!

A don't miss is the entire science floor! I love those optical illusions, scientific tricks, and puzzlers. Joseph and I enjoyed putting our degrees to good use! What do you see when you look at the picture on the right? And say aloud the saying on the card on the left side of the picture!

Men are from Mars?

Cool laser display, including how they work

I spent a pretty penny on a new set of these a few days ago!

Closing out our day!


Enough play! It was the perfect night for an outdoor wedding in Columbia...

Disclaimer: I had a tough time getting great pictures from where I was sitting PLUS I'm still no expert on how to use my own camera!

BEST Man!

Walking down the aisle with her dad...

And hugging "goodbye"-I think this is the part of the wedding that will get to me when my time comes! Sigh...

The vows

And first kiss! Two attorneys become one...UH OH...


Sweet first dance to "Wild Horses"

And then sweet turned into rowdy once the infamous dance circle got started. Rhodes (the groom) went footloose-style...

These guys preferred old-school hopscotch...

And I was revved up to "Shout" it out!

We had a ball at the wedding, and we got some great ideas for our own. Since being engaged, Joseph and I break down all the weddings we attend to pick up things we like. We've officially become those people! After all was said and done, we witnessed the signing of the marriage license. As soon as it was done, we caught this picture...
(Sorry guys, I couldn't resist! The truth comes out once all is signed. :) Remember Rhodes, the woman is always right!)

Joseph caught me, on the other hand, doing what I do best: chatting someone's ear off. And not just any someone! One of my old college roommates, Michelle, was a bridesmaid, so I enjoyed catching up with her and her husband Jay.

Congrats to John Rhodes and Dare! Thank you for letting us participate in your beautiful wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment